Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Next Do Part 1 (first draft)

The Next Do

Characters
Dashing Do - Female unicorn, daughter of Daring Do. Professor of archeology at Canterlot University
Ditzy Doo - Dashing's personal assistant, mechanic
The Doctor
Twilight Sparkle

Location
Royal Canterlot University (night) Dashing Do's Office

SFX Knock knock knock

Vinyl Scratch (muffled)
"Yo! Anypony home?"

Dashing (loud)
"Its open!"

SFX Door opens
SFX Walking

Vinyl Scratch
"Yo doc!"

Octavia (hushed)
"Professor!" (normal) "Good evening, Professor Do..."

Vinyl Scratch
"Your that mare with all those books written about her, right? You look alot more boring in person."

Octavia (irritated)
"Vinyl!"

Dashing Do
"Professor Dashing Do. The books were written about my mother, Daring Do. Now, can I help you with something, ...or are you just looking for somepony to make fun of after Blueblood. Dont care, by the way, thought you should know."

Vinyl Scratch (smug)
"Is it easy to be so dull, or do you actually work at..."

SFX thump (hit)

Vinyl Scratch
"ouch"

SFX package dropping on table

Octavia
"The mailmare accidentally delivered this to K-COLT earlier..."

Vinyl Scratch
"And I was soooo going to read it on air and everything since Soarin was boring and..." (loud) "Octi!" 

Octavia (irritated)
"We are leaving now!" (apologetic) "So sorry to have bothered you."

SFX Walking skidding (Vinyl being pushed)

Vinyl Scratch (loud)
"Come by the station! I want to mock you mercilessly on live ra..."

SFX door slam

Vinyl Scratch (muffled whining)
"Octi!"

Octavia (muffled irritated)
"Honestly Vinyl! Cant you behave..."

Vinyl Scratch (muffled)
"Where's the fun in that..."

Several seconds silence

Dashing
"Ponies these days... now where was I."

SFX Magic (Levitation)
SFX Note Writing sound effect through narrative text. Writing stops at (*) prompt. (**) tink tink tink (quill tip tapping against ink jar clearing excess, few second pause before tinking).

Dashing (Narrative)
"Little is known of the Changeling nation past urban myth and wild speculation..." (*) "The Changelings first appear in Equestria history during the first age of Discord, but this is meaningless as older texts hint at a secretive race..." (*) (**) "...that lived in the lands of the Changelings dating back..." (SFX sniff sniff sniff) "...to the days of Equestria's founding..."

SFX soft hoofsteps

Dashing
"Improved your blueberry muffin recipe?"

Ditzy (sheepish)
"Yeah... how did..."

SFX Tink

Dashing
"You cant hide the smell of your baking."

SFX Clank (levitation off)

Dashing
"Thank you."

Ditzy
"All nighter?"

Dashing
"Afraid so. Interest in Changelings is through the roof following the attempted invasion so the university wants me to address the history of the Changelings in class, even if we know more about dragons than we do Changelings."

SFX Magic (levitation)

Dashing (nom nom then talk)
"Definitely more blueberries in this recipe..."

SFX Levitation stops

Ditzy
"Your not happy, are you."

Dashing
"Huh? No, no, I love the muffin! I have some cocoa on the stove cooking up..."

Ditzy
"I mean about the class change."

Dashing (exhale of breath, controlled frustration)
"No. I should be teaching my class about pre Equestria Diamond Dog civilization but no, instead I have to dig through these poorly written hack job books disguised as fact about a race nobody knows about... this isn't the kind of class I want to run, full of myth and rumor without any facts backing them."

Ditzy
"Want to go on a field trip?"

Silence
SFX Kettle whistling (cocoa)

Dashing
"Water's done..."

SFX Magic (levitation)

Dashing
"Cocoa?"

Ditzy
"Don't change the subject. Your mother..."

SFX Liquid pouring into cup

Dashing (sullen)
"Would have flew off half cocked on any quest if only to avoid actually teaching her class."

SFX Kettle clinking back down
SFX Clink clink clink (stirring)

Dashing (sullen)
"By the way thanks for reminding me again how I continously fail to live up to mother's legacy. Thanks lots." 

Ditzy (sad)
"Don't be like that, Dashing..."

Dashing (sullen)
"Won't ever be as good as mother, not a good adventurer, not as fun or spontaneous as mother, can't even fly... yeah I am a walking talking embodiment of everything mother isn't... how utterly special." (sip sip)

Ditzy (sad)
"I didn't mean it like that."

Dashing
"I know. I know. Sorry." (pat pat) "Its always a sore point for me." (sip sip) "It doesn't matter anyway since this isn't the kind of conundrum a field trip alone can solve. It'll take alot of research, and dialogue between us and the Changeling nation."

Ditzy
"I..." (long dragging out of I) "...don't think they want to be friends."

Dashing
"So no inviting Changelings over for dinner." (sip sip) "Well that's hours of learning how to cook Europony style wasted. And to think I had the good china unpacked and everything." (sip sip) "Calling it a night?"

Ditzy
"Yeah. Thought I'd make myself one more batch of muffins and call it a night. Are you..."

Dashing
"I'll be fine. Just want to write some more then fall asleep on the couch. See you tomorrow..."

Ditzy
"Night."

SFX Walking (growing distant)

Dashing
"Now where was I..."

SFX TARDIS dematerializing

Dashing (resigned)
"You gotta be kidding me."

SFX Magic (levitation)
SFX Clinking (two more cups)

Dashing (sarcastic)
"Well if I knew company was coming I would have..." (sniff sniff)

SFX Magic (levitation)
SFX clink clink (plates)

Dashing
"She left me the batch she made... I'll buy her breakfast tomorrow..."

SFX Knock knock knock

Dashing (loud)
"Feel free to let yourself out of the magic blue box anytime, Twilight!"

SFX Door opens

Dashing
"No need to be so formal with me. Please, help yourselves."

Twilight
"Thank you. Is it alright..."

Dashing
"He's going to come out anyway so lets get the awkward part over with... hello Doctor."

Doctor (awkward)
"Ahh... yes... maybe our first meeting wasn't exactly..."

Dashing
"Don't worry about it. Everypony compares me to my mom eventually. Even my best friends."

Doctor (hesitant)
"You seem rather busy... maybe..."

Dashing
"Sit. Eat. Drink."

SFX Magic (levitation)
SFX Liquid pouring

Dashing
"You didnt drop by just to avail yourself of my company so... why are you really here?"

Twilight
"Straight to the point as always, professor." (levitation sip) "Just like when I took your class that year." 

Doctor
"Really? You never struck me as a closet archeologist."

Dashing
"That's because she wasnt. One year I found myself without an archeology class to teach so on the Princess' insistence I taught History of Magic at her school for gifted unicorns..." (sip) "And thats how I first met Twilight here."

Twilight
"Feels like it was only yesterday."

Dashing
"And yet it wasnt... Anyway...Twilight...?"

Twilight (apologetic)
"Oh. Right. Sorry."

SFX Magic (levitation)

Twilight
"You remember this..."

SFX Thunk (crystal statue on wood table)
SFX Levitation stops

Dashing
"The Sapphire Stone... did anyone see you... ahem... "borrow" this from the museum wing of the university?"

Doctor
"I'm sure its OK. Threat to the world and all that... you read that book I gave you..."

Dashing
"Of course."

SFX Drawer opening
SFX Pulling book out of drawer
SFX Thump (book laid down on table
SFX Magic (levitation) (pages turning)
SFX Levitating book

Dashing
"Here..." (flips book about) "Notice the resemblance between this ancient alien deity and the stone."

Twilight
"The resemblance is remarkable, but what..."

Dashing
"Let's see... according to this hue mon book on ancient deities the Doctor gave me, this is Anapa, pronouced Anubis in Greek, the jackal headed son of Nephthys and Set... lovely couple... associated with mummification and the afvterlife... in order words an hue mon deity of death."

Twilight
"Oh my."

To Be Continued

No comments: